A Caring Place

Frequently Asked Questions


What is a Child Advocacy Center?

A Child Advocacy Center (CAC) is a child-focused, facility-based program in which representatives from many disciplines – law enforcement, child protection, prosecution, mental health, medical and victim advocacy – work together, conducting child interviews and making joint decisions about the investigation, treatment, management and prosecution of child abuse cases.  A core belief in children’s advocacy centers is that the combined wisdom and professional knowledge of professionals of different disciplines will result in a more complete understandng fo case issues and the most effective, child- and family-focused system response.   The CAC model is now considered the best practice model for the investigative and treatment services of abused and neglected children.

Can I report child abuse to A Caring Place?

No.  Reports of child abuse cannot be made directly to A Caring Place Child Advocacy Center.  All reports of abuse or neglect need to be made to either the public children services agency or law enforcement.  However, we do encourage you to call A Caring Place if you would like to consult or receive guidance on a particular situation.

Who do I call if I suspect that a child is being abused?

Call 911 or local law enforcement for all emergency situations.
In non-emergency situations, call your local public children services agency to make a report about the abuse.  Jefferson County Department of Job and Family Services can be contacted at 740-282-0961.  If you do not know which agency to call, you may contact A Caring Place at 740-266-3988 for that information. 

Copyright 2011-2019 A Caring Place
Phone: 740-266-3988 • PO Box 2335 • Wintersville, OH 43953

Website byWebsite by My Web Maestro - www.MyWebMaestro.com My Web Maestro